Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Friday 8 June 2012

Day 27 86 miles of rolling hills into Chillicothe Missouri

The day was dominated by rolling hills. Not easy to get the effect on a photo, however hopefully this works




- the gradients in some places were unusually steep.


Nice quiet roads with good scenery.

Barry and Wendy from Calgary had a somewhat special day today. They started the our in 2005 and Barry got two miles out of the hotel we started at this morning and came off his bike, went unconscious and broke a few bones. They came back this year and started all over again. Here is a picture of them at the spot where it all happened in 2005.




Tracy who runs the show is a great one for famous quotations and she often quotes this one, which we passed today.



This was attributed to a local state senator.

We arrived in chillicothe a town of around 10000 people at a good time.




The towns claim to fame is that this is where the sliced loaf was first developed, and very proud of it they are.




Must be a good pub quiz question!


Onwards and upwards.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Chillicothe,United States

No comments: