Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Sunday 3 June 2012

Great Bend to McPherson Kansas

No great photo opps today. A quiet Sunday doing a rolling 60 or so miles with a small bit of gentle climbing.



-
Plenty of wheat fields.

We stopped for a sag stop at Lyons, a nice small town.








People were out and about, going to church and walking in the park.

A quiet day in Kansas.

The two wonderful ladies, Robin and Carol,who provide the sag food do an amazing job at providing variety. Yesterday they made flat bread salad sandwiches with a spicy peanut sauce.

Today we had cinnamon bun cake and fresh fruit skewers.




They are unbelievably helpful, providing drinks energy bars, taking discarded clothing. Always cheerful and willing to have a joke.




We arrived in McPherson fairly early, had a burger and a milk shake. The town seems quite prosperous compared to others, maybe because there seem to be gas fields and gas processing plants around.


Just reading about a Brit who has been around the old on his bike in 92 days

www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jun/03/around-world-92-days-bike-record?CMP=twt_gu

Seems like we are having an easy challenge!




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:E Kansas Ave,McPherson,United States

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tony, really good to be able to follow progress with the blog. Been a busy weekend at church with the party on Saturday and a special jubilee service Sunday morning to celebrate the 6 decades of the queen. Sarah still reads out as part of the prayers of intercession your progress reports. Keep in touch! Graham