Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Friday 1 June 2012

80 miles into Dodge City Kansas

Today's ride was a story of two parts. The weather was cool and cloudy for the first 60 miles. The wind was strong and was at about 2 o'clock making the riding really hard work. We formed an echelon formation where possible to reduce the workload. This worked well.

Not many photo opportunities today unless you like pictures of grain silos. Our sag stop was at the Dalton Gang hideout museum.




-



Fortunately we turned north for the last twenty miles and with the wind behind us we were touching 25mph most of the way into Dodge City.

We stopped at Dairy Queen our favourite for a milkshake just before the hotel.

Generally a good day. I think our good fortune lies in the wind direction in Kansas





Posted using BlogPress from my iPa

Location:W Wyatt Earp Blvd,Dodge City,United States

2 comments:

Chrislowsley said...

Hi Tony, watch out for gun slingers and horse rustlers in dodge.

I feeling your pain, just gone over on my ankle again, June dejavu. Feeling peed off but your blog is cheering me up.

I will have to switch to the bike for a couple of weeks to keep stamina up for GNR.

Enjoyed the mexican band.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony

really enjoying following your journey. phew - exhausted
at just the thought of cycling
in that heat.
Keep up the good work and look after yourself.
love Norma xx