Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Saturday 2 June 2012

Dodge City to Great Bend Kansas 84 miles

Last night we eat in a Mexican restaurant. This is probably about the fourth time I have eaten Mexican. There are usually about four pages on the menu with tacos, garditos etc. No matter what your order the plate of food looks the same. Some type of thin bread with meat, beans, rice and cheese.
it tasted good but they just need one item on the menu.

Much of the dinner conversation was about backside problems and peoples various concoctions of cream they use to minimise pain in that area. Fortunately so far I have had no real problem I put it down to my Brooks saddle




- good old fashioned English leather.

We left Dodge City, the windiest city in the USA, and watched the sun rise over the wheat fields of Kansas. It was an idyllic day for riding through Kansas, the temperature was fine rising to mid 80's later in the day and the wind was mild and the roads fairly flat.

The wheat fields are now also home to wind turbines and substations.







We passed through a town called Midway as it is half way between Los Angeles and New York, however not half way for us yet.











We rolled into Great Bend in good time for a milk shake, washing, a trip to Walmart for toiletries and a rest before dinner.







Great Bend is apparently named because the Arkansas river turns at that point.

Overall a great day to be on the bike.

Onwards we roll towards Boston.

Location:Great St,Great Bend,United States

No comments: