Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Saturday 9 June 2012

Day 28 -- 148 hills in the last 50 miles of 75 miles

Great surprise last night. Sitting in the restaurant and waiter said telephone call for tony hill. A great couple, who Heather and I met on holiday in Nevis, tracked me down and drove over from their home in Kansas. It was great to see Craig and Christina. It was really nice of them to take the trouble to come over.




-
One of the staff members has counted the number of hills in the last 50 miles of the ride and counted 148 rolling hills.

The first 25 mies were pleasant and then the rollers started.





Everyone was pleased to enjoy a sandwich at 50 miles



The temperature picked up to low 100'sF.

Nick decided to have a cocktail.





Arrived at hotel earlier than expected so time to relax and have a late lunch.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:S Franklin St,Kirksville,United States

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony, really good to see you the other night at Chilicothe, and glad you posted the picture. You're certainly in good spirits and hanging in there very well considering the vast number of miles you've covered. Crossing the Mississippi on Sunday I'm sure seems like another milemark conquered. Glad you're getting the opportunity to pursue a long time goal. Good luck on the rest of the journey and we'll certainly be following you on the blog. Craig and Christina.