Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Saturday 12 May 2012

Arrived in LA and ready to go

A good trip over via Zurich. Swiss air excellent. Arrived at the hotel around 6pm pleased to see that my bike arrived no problem.

Met up with a couple of the other riders over a sandwich at the hotel then off to bed. Wide awake at 2pm (10am) uk time. Phoned home, a few emails and then some sleep until around 7.30am

Met up with two riders in reception and went to IHOP for breakfast. Bacon eggs, pancakes, maple syrup and plenty of water.

Sorted out my US mobile phone

Back to the hotel to put the bike together and then sort out my kit which took until midday. My rear red light switched itself on on the way over and would not switch off despite me taking it apart etc. so a trip to the local bike shop and then cycled down to Manhattan beach. Beautiful day around 85f with a slight breeze.











Cycled along the front, great cycle path, to find a cafe. As I was looking for a cafe I met up with John from London who is also doing the ride. He has spent some time in Vegas with rowing friends. Had a beer and a Reuben on rye and watched the world go by.

Headed back late afternoon having done about 25 miles. Quick shower and off to dinner shortly.

A great relaxing day. Tomorrow is mostly admin, briefings etc and then Sunday let the fun begin.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Continental Blvd,El Segundo,United States

No comments: