Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Sunday 27 May 2012

Day 15 Santa Fe to Las Vegas New Mexico

Left Santa Fe with temperatures in the high 50's so used arm coolers as arm warmers. A reasonable amount of climbing today, but some good winds and good roads.

We completed our last section on the Interstate, so it is quietish roads from here to Boston.

Quite mountainous countryside



We stopped at a closed bar for sag stop on Route 66
















Weather seemed cool all day, no doubt if I was in UK I would call it hot.

We arrived in Las Vegas New Mexico quite early and stopped for lunch in Charlie's Spick and Span, clearly the place to be in Las Vegas on a Sunday.

The place was full with all sorts of characters, a large Menonite family, local spanish speakers in Sunday best and live music









Great Mexican food. We then went the last couple of miles to the hotel.

71 miles today with some climbing and some rolling hills, occasionally strong gusting side winds which required great care.



I resisted the largest chocolate eclairs I have ever seen.



Thought this message was a good thought for the day.




using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:U.S. 85,Las Vegas,United States

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony
I'm lovin the journey! Of course it's easier from this end I suppose :-)
You should not have resisted those chocolate eclairs you know. You would soon burn em off
love Marg xxx