Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Sunday 20 May 2012

Riding through Sedona on my bicycle through Arizona

A great days riding today. The shortest mileage of the whole trip however some real climbs as you will see from the pictures.



- we left Cottonwood and had a reasonably flat ride up to Sedona where we stopped for a drink. Sedona is picturesque and popular with tourists.



Outside the cafe in Sedona.




View of the red rocks from the cafe.








We then rode through Oak Creek canyon which was wonderful, with nice temperatures round 80f and a slight breeze. We then climbed up to the top and stopped at a viewpoint. The local Indians, Navaho tribe, we're selling things you don't need to the tourists.












We enjoyed the break.


It was then an undulating ride of around 10 miles into Flagstaff. We stopped for lunch just by the hotel. I had a pork and green chilli wrap which tasted great.





We arrived pleasantly early at the hotel. My bike needed a new rear dérailleur and cable so a trip to the bike shop was fitted in before a shower.

About 580 miles so far and body and mind doing well considering.

We have a rest day tomorrow so plan to just have a look around town, do some washing, make a few calls and chill out before we head towards Route 66.

Will do a brief blog tomorrow

Thanks for your support

Location:W Dupont Ave,Flagstaff,United States

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony, great blog.
I'm exhausted just following it! Really great effort Tony - keep it up. Makes my 22 miles pale into insignificance! Just hope you don't run out of steam, though I'm sure the team ethic will keep you all at it! Financial rewards however looking brilliant.
Enjoy the trip, the company and PEDAL HARD - and just focus on the result.
Best wishes, Deb & Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Tony,
The first thing when before I check my e-mails is to read your blog. It's just wonderful to hear about your great adventures. Hope you have a great day of resting and we wish you well as you continue your ride towards Route 66. I'm praying for you lots! Mum and dad are sending their best to you and know that we're supporting you all the way! Keep up the hard work! ..
Look forward to hearing your next update. Love you lots, Gemma x x