Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Day 11 the continental divide

A relatively short 68 miles.

There was a choice of breakfasts today, basic at the hotel or the full deal about 1 mile ride away. So I rode the mile for pancakes,eggs,bacon and maple syrup, orange juice and coffee.

Return to hotel for a 7.45pm start. There is a tradition to sprinkle some Pacific beach sand at the foot of each state sign to encourage good wind directions. Well it worked today wind was behind or to the side.

We passed some red rocks




-





We had a gradual pull up to the Continental Divide at 7,275 feet and stopped for a break.



We then had a great flat or downhill run into Grants with an early finish today.

Most of the riding has been along Route 66. Whilst interesting the area is generally very run down and lots of closed motels etc.

Stopped at a shop for refreshments, decided not to buy a gun.



Rode all day in a four man pace line which worked very well.

As we got in early did a little preventative maintenance on the bike and some washing.

Eleven days of riding and feeling good generally. Enjoying the experience of the adventure.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:State Highway 117,Grants,United States

No comments: