Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Saturday 19 May 2012

Day 6 44 miles with some real climbing

Last night the three Brits went out in Prescott, which is a nice university town.
We found a brew bar which served nice food and had live music. A really pleasant evening.
Today is a short day after the gruelling desert days, so we did not start until around 8.30am.
I was feeling good after breakfast. The miles might have been short however the climbing was real.

The pictures probably do not do justice to the views which were fantastic.

I just missed a car crash which one of the team saw. The guy driving was not hurt at all, but that is the end of his Porsche 944.



-







There were lots of switchbacks










We had a break at the top of the climb



Then we went down the hill and stopped in Jerome, an old mining town on the side of the hill. It is now a very arty type of own, selling lots of things you don't need.

Today was the first day where were able to stop and eat properly at lunch as previously either there was nowhere or we were being hurried along use to the heat.







So we had a burger at the haunted burger bar.

The view from there was fantastic


We then carried on down to cottonwood where we are in the best western hotel.

No punctures today however one front spoke went. Rick has put a new one in.

Tomorrow is a steady day into Flagstaff following which we have a rest day

Overall feeling good and a great days riding.

Location:S Main St,Cottonwood,United States

2 comments:

Jim said...

You'll like tomorrow's ride up Oak Creek Canyon. Some climbing, but it's a beautiful ride into Flagstaff. Your first rest day is almost here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Tony and Crew!
Been reading all the updates every day and reading them to mum and dad. We're all thinking about you and supporting you back home!!
Love the pictures, the views are beautiful.
Keep cycling on!
Love
Gemma & Family x x