Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Arrived in Texas

When doing long distance cycling one of the keys to success is balancing the issue of what speed to go at. The quicker you ride the less time in the saddle, sun and wind however the more energy you expend risking a burn out or bonk as its known. Yesterday I got it wrong I went way to fast. I got to the hotel however I was burnt out and sat for about 20 minutes unable to do much above breathing .

So today I took it real slow which meant longer in the road.

It was a tough 98 miles today as the wind was either At our face or at ten o'clock. However with perseverance we made it into Dalhart Texas.

Another state crossing



- the country side was open with cattle. We passed a cattle feeding station, we smelt it some miles before. However had a great steak for dinner.

Rode most of the day in a three man pace line. Richard was having a rough day and his memorable quote was "if I ever mention doing something like this again I am telling my wife to put me in the basement and feed me bread and water until the idea goes away."

Lots of groups of riders riding in a pace line to beat the wind





Spirits generally good in the group however a few suffering from saddle sores and general tiredness.

We are only in Texas two days, enter Oklahoma tomorrow.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Colorado St,Dalhart,United States

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At last.....My other e-mails must have dissappeared into the ether...a little instruction was needed!!! Really enjoying your blogs though a little concerned you are enjoying the pain!!!! Take care Jan x