Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Hi,

Flying on Thursday (manchester - Zurich - Los angeles), not long now.

Did a good 85 miles last Thursday and a steady 40 miles on Saturday with Danny.

The training advice is to "taper train" over the last week. This is essentially not do much. I seem to be finding that no problem.

Cleaned and packed up the bike today ready to go on the plane with me. Fitted in the box fine, hopefully well padded and ready for me to assemble on Friday morning for a quick ride down to the beach.



MS fund raising page has been brought up to date and I will post some more donations of tomorrow which will bring the total received so far at £3,727. I feel sure that with some promises that it will make £4,000 which is amazing. Thank you all so much, it really will make a difference.

The group of 22 riders have been exchanging emails and I feel sure we will have some great fun. If you have a couple of minutes you might want to watch Larry's you tube fundraiser  , clearly a great character.

I have added the ability for you to post comments on my blogs, following a request. I look forward to receiving them.

Next blog post from Los Angeles.

Thanks

Tony



No comments: