Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Day 9 getting the miles in

Today's riding has been about getting the miles under our belt, no fantastic scenery, no hard climbing 90 miles along relatively flat country




I had one puncture however most people had one or more. There is a lot of wire from tyres on the road. We caught his one before it got in he tube






We passed through Winslow Arizona and if you are n Eagles fan you may remember the lyrics "standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona"

There is statue there to mark the spot.




-
We were on Route 66 some of the way.





A relatively easy 90 miles however the temperature did get into the 100's for a good part of the day.

We rode a lot of the time in a pace line of around 10 riders as the wind was quite strong.

Tomorrow we enter New Mexico on our way east.

onwards and upwards



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Navajo Blvd,Holbrook,United States

No comments: