Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Monday 21 May 2012

First rest day in flagstaff

A pleasant rest day in Flagstaff.

Breakfast followed by bike cleaning and general reorganisation of kit. Then walked into town for a coffee and an ice cream. Flagstaff is a very relaxed small town with route 66 and a railroad running through it.



-






I visited a historic house owned by Riordan family, they essentially ran the town when it relied on timber. They were considered good employees with a similar philosophy to Levers at Port Sunlight providing doctors, church and education or their workers.








Then met up with John from London to go and have a beer at a bar with live music. I have tried to attach a video clip of the band not sure it will work.





YouTube Video

Then out for dinner and off to bed for a 5.30 alarm call.

Let the fun continue.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:W Dupont Ave,Flagstaff,United States

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Tony, How are you?
Sorry I missed your call yesterday! Mum and Dad were both pleased to hear from you! :)
The video of the band is working fine. Hope your enjoying cycling on the rocky 66.
Keep up the cycling! :)
Love Gemma xx