Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Thursday 31 May 2012

Into Kansas on the Yellow Brick road

Today was classed as a half rest day as we only had 40 miles to do, however we had a strong head wind which made it feel like 60 miles.

We set off later than usual


-



My memories of Oklahoma are grain silos





We passed through a small town called Hooker, which has less of a meaning in the UK.
As you might imagine their was a range of souvenirs on sale







We progressed steadily to the Kansas state line heading into the wind



We are in Kansas for a few days now.

We are starting to see some green grass and more population.

As an aside I am someone who never knowingly dreams during sleep, however I have been dreaming almost every night for the past week or so,mostly disconnected rubbish, my room mate Nick has also been dreaming. We have a rider who is a doctor who reckons people dream more at higher altitudes. We are at about 4000 feet, higher than Snowdon. Who knows?

Good to have a shorter day today as a full rest day is some way away.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:E Hickory St,Liberal,United States

No comments: