Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Tuesday 29 May 2012

It's a long way to Tucumcari, it's a long way to go

It's 107.8 miles to be precise. We started at 6.35am and the temperature was cool, 38F.
Some people had many layers on, I had my arm coolers and a light wind proof jacket.

There was snow visible in the hills



The land was flat at the beginning of the ride




-


At our first sag stop we celebrated having completed 1000 of the 3,415 miles



The temperature then started to rise and and reached around 103F later in the day.

We had a tremendous down Hill run on to the plains








There were three sag stops as there was no real shops or towns anywhere on the route. We saw cattle and some horses and not much else.




The temperatures were not as extreme as expected however the wind was less than kind later in the day making the last 25 miles hard work with rolling hills and a head wind.

At least tomorrow we do not have to do a century just 95.8 miles!

I will add video from yesterday as the Internet connection is good here


YouTube Video

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:S Adams St,Tucumcari,United States

No comments: