Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Friday 18 May 2012

Day 5 60 miles of mostly climbing temperatures in low 100's

Hi

A picture from yesterday which says a lot.




- the test I usually do is to see after breakfast if I feel as well as I did the day before. Today the answer was no. 11 hours,in the heat, 115 miles and 4 flat tyres had taken their toll.

I decided to take it really easy today. I followed Jeff and Roberta from New Hampshire on the tandem.



The day was essentially 60 miles much of which was climbing into some very Beautiful hills which hopefully the photos will show.







You can see the road cut into the hillside



We stopped at a couple of real country stores






This guy looked not to good.





Whilst the hills were challenging the 5 miles down into Prescott was a great way to finish.

We had one sag stop today (sag stands for support and gear). You need regular water stops as you need to pour a lot over you to keep you cool.

Got into the hotel just after 2pm and had a Skype call with Heather which was great.
then washed some kit, every thing is now a shade of grey. Then had a chocolate milk and relaxing before route rap at 5.45

Feeling fine now after a moderate day where I took it real slow.

Just looked at my sponsorship page and it stands at £4,047
Thank you all so much. Quite amazing. Thanks Julie wynne and Dave poulton for messages.




What we bought was the top of the hill, it was not though!


Location:N Alarcon St,Prescott,United States

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Hi Tony, enjoying your blogs. I've got a cousin who lives in Arizona, she'll give you a wave if she sees you! :-) Ralph